- Completed the Ruby course
- Oh boy… I’ll try to make this as short as possible. Treehouse has a course that teaches you how to build a simple Rails app. I started it last week, but got sidetracked and didn’t touch it for a few days. When I came back I couldn’t remember where I was so I just trashed it and started over. THEN I learned that the demo app in the tutorial was built in Rails 3, and I have Rails 4, and that a very critical authentication scheme has been changed that the tutorial (obviously) doesn’t cover. Decided to suspend my effort in completing this app.
Michael Hartl’s Rails Tutorial
- Completed Chapter 1. This was really easy since I’ve been screwing around on my own generating rails apps, so the initial process is no mystery.
- Watched a few videos that went completely over my head
- Signed up and deployed app from Hartl tutorial