By first “real” app I mean this is the first app I’ve built without the help of a tutorial.
Link to app: http://ghdevblog.herokuapp.com/
It’s a fully functional copy of this blog.
- Devise gem for user login
- rails_admin gem for database administration
- Kaminari gem for pagination
- tinymce-rails gem for WYSIWYG editing
- bootstrap-sass gem for CSS
- friendly_id gem for custom URLs
- Image headers that randomly rotate on every page load
- “Recent Posts” links and “Full Archives” pages
At this moment in time some of the links are dead-ends on the navbar, but I’ll create those pages later.
For a starter project I think it turned out very well. As I was creating it I kept refreshing the page and couldn’t believe I built this from scratch. It may not be much, but I built it, it looks good, and I’m proud of it.